A Typical SPC training takes two days. During these two days we will cover at least below topics.
- Introduction to SPC
- Principles of variation
- Organization of SPC
- Control, Improvement and Planning loops
- Descriptive statistics
- Relation between process and subgroups
- Process control variables
- Control charts
- Calculating control limits
- Process Capability
- Capability indices (Cp, Cpk, Ppk)
- Attribute control charts
- Type of charts
- Control charts for high quality processes
- SPC Simulation & Game
- Managing SPC implementation
- Tasks and Responsibilities
- SPC Manual
- SPC Reports & Analysis
During the training course, students will learn the different SPC techniques, will learn how SPC should be organized and will learn the pitfalls of a SPC implementation. They will get practical experience applying SPC on a sample process they own. Ideally, training is given in a mixture of classroom training, computer based training and on the job training. The combination makes the training effective, less expensive and makes it possible to continuously train new employees. DataLyzer also offers “Train the Trainers” programs, consulting the management regarding the implementation plan.
Quality Managers, Engineers, SPC facilitators, Supplier Quality Engineers, Six Sigma black belts and those interested in auditing SPC.
The training can be conducted online via WebEx or in person onsite by our local representative either in a central location or at each site. Please contact our office (email@example.com) for possibilities.
Note: For companies in Malaysia: DataLyzer in Penang is a HRD Corp training provider.
There is big difference between theoretical SPC and the practical implementation. Out SPC training plan is specific per company, but always follow below considerations:
- The SPC training plan should be in line with the SPC implementation plan.
- The SPC methodology, tools and responsibilities used should be clear.
- The SPC training should be practical, techniques trained should be applied on the job quickly after the training.
- All organizational levels must be trained.
Handouts of the training will be shared. Part of the training will be working with process simulations using SPC Wizard. To get an idea about the power of training with simulations and statistical process control examples please look at Free SPC Training or check information about SPC Wizard on this website. We can adapt training to specific sector requirements like TS16949 or RM13006.
DataLyzer also offers online training courses for SPC. For more information please check our online training page.